About Great MN Schools
We work to ensure that every child attends an excellent and equitable school that prepares them to thrive in their lives, careers, and communities.
Great schools that enroll kids from low-income backgrounds make a difference. These students grow academically at twice the rate, are twice as likely to graduate, and are six times as likely to earn a postsecondary degree. We focus on developing and sustaining great schools in Minneapolis for all students through:
- Creating more high-performing schools for underserved communities. Our school-centered approach starts with identifying schools with strong leaders and culture and helping them diagnose their strengths and gaps. We facilitate the development of a strategic roadmap, and surround schools with support to ensure the implementation of strategic interventions and evidence-based solutions.
- Building community partnerships to support underserved families’ ability to navigate K-12 systems. We work with community organizations to provide families with helpful tools and resources, resulting in families choosing better options for their children, stronger family-school relationships and stronger schools.
- Advancing proven solutions toward more high-performing schools. We elevate what’s possible and engage the community as partners in change.
By working alongside schools and supporting families, we’re committed to transforming education equity for students—of all backgrounds—and elevating what’s possible.
Great MN Schools is looking for a full time Development Manager responsible for ensuring a seamless donor experience for current and prospective donors. This individual is a strong writer who enjoys creating and optimizing systems. The role supports our Advancement team in key functions to ensure financial sustainability in support of our mission. Great MN Schools is a dynamic workplace with opportunities for growth.
The position is full time (40 hours per week) with standard working hours between 9:00am – 5:00pm. The position is a hybrid role based in Minneapolis, requiring some in-person office work each week. The position reports to the Senior Director of External Affairs and will also meet routinely with the CEO.
Grant Writing – 40%
- Write and submit all grant proposals
- Project manage and write all grant reports
- Support sponsorship opportunities with partner organizations and businesses
Donor Management Systems – 50%
- Prepare donor meeting materials for the Senior Director of External Affairs and the Executive Director
- Manage end-to-end donor management systems, including grants calendar, donor database, and reports
- Ensure timelines are met for renewable and potential funding sources
- Inform development strategies through creation and tracking of key donor metrics
- Build and run donor reports
- Steward donors through acknowledgment letters and other materials
- Develop and maintain documentation on infrastructure processes and procedures
- Collaborate with the team and senior leadership to set vision and direction for donor-facing events
Internal Meetings – 10%
- Manage logistics for donor-facing events
- Schedule donor meetings for Senior Director of External Affairs and Executive Director
- Research and prep Senior Director of External Affairs and Executive Director for donor engagement meetings
- Contribute as a valued member of the Advancement team and provide support as needed for donor events
The ideal candidate should possess a strong commitment to Great MN School’s mission.
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate to reach shared outcomes
- Skilled in managing up to support senior development staff
- Experience with project or relationship management
- Familiarity with donor database management or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience in fund development
- Knowledge of K12 systems, particularly in Minneapolis
- Event planning experience
- Strong commitment to Great MN Schools’ mission and vision for transforming K-12 education so that children of all races, means, and origins access excellent and equitable schools:
- Mission—Ensure every child attends a great school that prepares them to thrive in their lives, careers, and community
- Values—Honesty, Inclusivity, Intentionality, Courage, and Collaboration
- Growth mindset
- Interest in developing intercultural communication skills in order live into our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and belonging
- Team-orientation with a strong commitment to collaborating on projects as needed
Great MN Schools offices in the North Loop Minneapolis WeWork office (located at 729 Washington Ave. N.)
$50,000-$65,000 per year commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package, including 401K match, health, vision, and dental insurance, disability coverage, and access to HSA and FSA plans. Employee is also eligible for the team bonus program, designed to support collaboration and collective ownership, and to recognize shared impact on organizational goals.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Please fill out this form to apply.
If you require accommodation as part of the hiring process, please let us know!
Great MN Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity within our team. We encourage applicants who are Black, Indigenous, people of color, LGBTQIA+, disabled, and people from households with low incomes to apply.